Monday 29 October 2012

Research Object 5- Nancy Burson



For my last research object, I am looking at Nancy Burson. Burson is a renowned artist, the work I am most familiar of are her photo-manipulated portraits. The people Burson used for these manipulations were mostly famous actors, actresses or world leaders. For one of here pieces she used photos of Stalin, Mussolini, Mao, Hitler and Khomeini. The final image produced is absolutely astonishing. The fact that the portrait resembles all of them but you cannot really see any of them as individuals is very impressive. 

I recently worked on a brief in which I had to create one image that represented my personality but using Photoshop to manipulate it. I used Burson as inspiration and research and produced an image that was in some ways inspired by her work. My image consisted of 7 faces in which are my siblings, but I layered them to make one. The difference in my work was that I made it clear that I used different layers, as I wanted the audience to see the process and the construction of it.





Name- 'seven', Produced 2012, created using torch lighting, SLR Digital camera and photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment