Thursday 25 October 2012

Research Object 4- Carol Naylor



Carol Naylor is an established textiles artist whom I studied a lot throughout my second year of a-level. I focused on her work, as I love the techniques she uses and the way she uses really beautiful colours on her wall hangings and other pieces. For my project I decided to make a table set, but using techniques I had seen Naylor use. I loved the way her pieces looked and how beautifully composed they were and wanted to bring that to my work. Although I wasn’t making a wall hanging, I definitely wanted to show the artistic side to my table set by almost portraying Naylor’s techniques on to my own work.

Her work is definitely something I will never forget as it was a great influence on my own, and I am so happy with the outcome of my piece in which got me a final exam grade of A. I believe that her techniques are beautiful as are her pieces and really aspire to use them a lot more within my textile work. Naylor is a great artist and I thank her for the inspiration. 

Below are some images of my final works for that project; I produced a tablecloth, a seat cushion, a table runner, napkin, table mat and a coaster. All were produced using techniques such as embroidery, applique, fabric painting, beading, reverse applique, stitching and all on a large scale based on cotton.











No comments:

Post a Comment